Idiom: above all (else)
above all (else):
- the most important thing
- most importantly
- in particular
- He loves to drink milk above all else, even more than juice or soda.
- Above all, remember to bring your medicine, you can buy anything else you forget while you're on the trip.
- My mission in life is to be kind and truthful above all else.
- Each opponent has strengths and weaknesses but I focus on my own game above all.
- Above all else, get to sleep early tonight so you'll be rested for the race tomorrow.
- I really liked this painting above all, even though the colors are darker.
- Above all, get there by 7 a.m. or you won't get a seat on the bus.
- Focus on this chapter above all else and you'll do fine on the test.
- Above all, I really liked his sales experience but his language skills are great too.
- most of all
- first and foremost
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use "above all (else)"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> above all (else)