Idiom: Apple of someone's eye
Idiom: apple of someone's eye
- someone or something that is very important to someone
- someone or something that someone likes very much
This is idiom is used frequently to describe someone who is special.
- Joan’s husband is the apple of her eye.
- His only son was the apple of his eye.
- My brother loves his wife but his Ducati motorcycle is the apple of his eye.
- I know I shouldn't pick favorites but my youngest daughter is the apple of my eye.
- My father is an avid gardener and these orchids are the apples of his eye.
- My parents' favorite family member is our dog. She's the apple of their eye because she gives them love and doesn't ask for money.
- I used to be the apple of my teacher's eye until he caught me cheating on a quiz.
- the light of someone’s life
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Click here to learn other eye idioms.
Your turn to use the idiom "apple of someone's eye"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: apple of someone's eye