Idiom: jot something down
Idiom: jot something down (jot down something)
- Grab a pencil and jot down this number for me.
- Sure, you can see my notes but I only jotted down a few ideas since I prefer to just listen carefully during lectures.
- While I was talking to the doctor, he was busy jotting something down which made me feel like he wasn't listening very carefully to me.
- Don't worry, it's not unusual for a psychiatrist to jot a few notes down during your consultation.
- I tried to jot down the license plate and description of the car of the person who hit the woman in the cross walk and kept driving away.
- Could someone please jot some notes down at the meeting for me?
- My husband jotted down the prices of some love seats and sofas at Ikea so we're going to go together on Saturday to check them out.
- Could you quickly jot down the directions so we won't get lost driving to the vineyard?
- write down
- dash off (something)
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "jot something down"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: jot something down