Idiom: nose around
Idiom: nose around (someone/something)
- to try to find information about something or someone
- Try to nose around and find out what your brother would like to do for his birthday.
- Everyone’s trying to nose around the office because we suspect there will be layoffs.
- Stop nosing around my stuff or I'll tell mom.
- Nose around and see if you can find out who else is submitting a bid for the project.
- My boyfriend's always nosing around my apartment looking for signs I'm in contact with my ex-boyfriend.
- What can we do legally to nose around our competitors?
- I was nosing around my roommate's stuff and found some drugs in her desk... Now, what do I do?
- My little sister is always nosing around my things.
- My boyfriend broke up with me for nosing around his phone all the time.
- If you keep nosing around your assistant's email you may find out she doesn't like you.
- check into
- dig around
- do your homework
- poke around
- snoop around
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "nose around"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: nose around