Idiom: quiet as a mouse
Idiom: (as) quiet as a mouse
- My twins couldn’t be more different: one is a gregarious cheerleader and the other is quiet as a mouse.
- Whenever my five-year-old is quiet as a mouse I know he's doing something he shouldn't be doing.
- What's going on with the director? She's been quiet as a mouse at the staff meetings.
- Normally I'm talkative but when I go on dates I'm as quiet as a mouse.
- When our teacher said we were having a pop quiz the students got quiet as a mouse.
- Is something wrong? You're as quiet as a mouse today.
- When I asked my boyfriend if I could meet his parents he was suddenly quiet as a mouse.
- Everyone was complaining we don't have social activities but when I asked for volunteers to organize a party everyone got quiet as a mouse.
- not hear a squeak from/out of someone
- you could hear a pin drop
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "quiet as a mouse"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: quiet as a mouse