Idiom: quite a lot
Idiom: quite a lot (of something)
- I’m sorry I can’t go out tonight I’ve got quite a lot of homework to do.
- You’ve got quite a lot of mileage on your car for only having it one year.
- I saw Hidden Figures last night and I liked the movie quite a lot.
- I've got quite a lot of friends in California because I went to college there.
- The coffee shop downstairs in our building has quite a lot of different teas as well as specialty coffee drinks.
- We had quite a lot of snow this year so we're all excited for spring to arrive.
- I wish I'd done laundry this weekend. Now I've got quite a lot to do next weekend.
- Wow, you have quite a lot of homework for someone in elementary school.
- quite a number of something
- quite a few
- buckets of something
- oodles of something
- a good many
- a ton of
- tons of
- loads of
- a great deal of
- an awful lot
You might be interested in these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "quite a lot"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: quite a lot