Idiom: that's all I need
Idiom: that's all I need / all I need is (something)
- refers to something that you do not want or need at all
- describes something even worse will be added to an already bad situation
Note: This is often said in a sarcastic tone. You can use this idiom in any person (e.g., that's all we need, all he needs).
- Oh, great a parking ticket. All I need is another bill!
- Please tell her I’m in a meeting for the next few hours—all I need is to listen to my mother complain to me about some stupid issue this morning.
- You take the girls to the mall. I've got a migraine headache and all I need is to listen to them giggle and scream.
- Uh-oh, John's on the phone. All we need is another waiter to call out sick today.
- I'm running 20 minutes late already today. All I need is a traffic jam.
- I checked the weather forecast and there will be a thunderstorm this afternoon. That's all we need on the day of our picnic.
- Ugh. All I need is a crying baby sitting next to me on an 8-hour flight.
- Another complaint about Sarah? That's all we need today.
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "(something) is all one needs"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: (something) is all one needs