Idiom: think outside the box
think outside the box:
- to think creatively to find new ways of doing things or solving problems
- Advertising agencies must think outside the box to come up with fresh new ideas that will grab consumers' attention.
- Some of the best inventions have come from someone taking a regular product and adapting it by thinking outside the box.
- Scheduling walking meetings rather than sitting around a table is a good example of how corporate America started thinking outside the box about group discussions.
- Our company encourages thinking outside the box by allowing us to work on whatever we want every Thursday afternoon.
- We've hired a consultant to help us foster activities that will help our employees think outside the box.
- This company is going to go out of business unless we start thinking outside the box.
- Parents who home school their children often think outside the box when creating educational activities.
- Talk about literally thinking outside the box! EBay's new augmented reality feature helps sellers determine which size U.S. Postal Service Flat Rate Box will best fit their items.
- If Apple hadn't thought outside the box, we'd probably still be using flip phones and carrying MP3 players.
- Here's an idea: Why not just provide excellent customer service instead of trying to think outside the box to create a new product?
- pull a rabbit out of a hat
- rise to the challenge
- square the circle
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use "think outside the box"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: think outside the box