Idiom: vouch for
Idiom: vouch for something/someone
- to say that something/someone is good, true or correct based on one's knowledge or experience
- Even though you didn’t see her at her desk, I can vouch for her that she arrived on time yesterday and went straight to the manager's meeting.
- I can vouch for his skills as a speaker. He is competent, informative and engaging.
- Since the organization has closed, do you have any references who could vouch for the volunteer work you did there?
- I can vouch for that caterer. They did my sister's wedding and their menus and arrangements are fabulous.
- Can anyone vouch for this brand of hair color? It's so much more expensive than the others.
- Thanks so much for vouching for me yesterday at the committee hearing.
- Let's try to get some testimonials from previous clients who can vouch for our expertise and service.
- Unfortunately, our project manager is not in today but our accountant should be able to vouch for those figures.
- bear witness
- speak well of
- lend credence to something
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "vouch for"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: vouch for