Idiom: Count sheep
Idiom: count sheep
- to imagine sheep and count them jumping over a fence as a way to make yourself go to sleep
- Last night I was counting sheep for at least 20 minutes before I finally gave up and started reading a book.
- Counting sheep has never worked for me but it's a technique that works for many others.
- I knew I was becoming fluent when I started counting sheep and dreaming in French.
- Doctor, I've already tried counting sheep. Could you please write me a prescription?
- I heard my husband muttering something and thought he was talking in his sleep but he said he was counting sheep.
- Every night I count sheep for a few minutes before I go to sleep.
- My son has a hard time counting sheep so I make him warm milk when he can't fall asleep.
- I counted sheep up to 10,001 and then I must've fallen asleep.
You might like these other idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "count sheep"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: count sheep