Idiom: from the face of the earth
Idiom: from (off) the face of the earth
- completely gone or disappeared
- I tried to find my favorite earrings but they disappeared from the face of the earth.
- After my daughter's ex-boyfriend posted a nude photo of her on the internet, we called the police and it was removed off the face of the earth.
- I wish my ex-husband would disappear off the face of the earth! He still harassing me ten years after our divorce.
- We had problems with ants so we sprayed the apartment until they all disappeared from the face of the earth.
- Where did everyone go? As soon as I ask for help washing the dishes everybody disappears from the face of the earth.
- Now that I'm single again, it's like all the nice guys have disappeared from the face of the earth.
- I just put cookies out in the kitchen but they'll be gone from the face of the earth if you don't go get some quickly.
- Where did the customer go? I went to get the shoes she asked for and she's disappeared off the face of the earth.
- vanish into thin air
- disappear into thin air
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "from the face of the earth"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: from the face of the earth