Idiom: get real
Idiom: get real
- be realistic
- see things the way the really are not pretend something else is happening
- If you want to be the quarterback of the football team you have to get real about training instead of dreaming of how great it will be to popular.
- I was able to get into college because I finally got real my senior year and stopped spending so much time with my friends instead of studying.
- Get real! Your parents aren't going to let you go to school dressed like that.
- The doctor told me to get real about losing 300 lbs if I really want to have a baby.
- After my husband lost his job we had to get real about our spending habits.
- It's time to get real. Getting arrested twice for drunk driving shows you've got a problem with alcohol.
- I finally got real about my YouTube channel and after posting videos regularly for the past year, I've got almost 27,000 subscribers.
- I had to tell my daughter to get real about being a runway model since she's only 5'1" but I encouraged her to think about being a hand or foot model.
- If we don't get real soon about our health, we're going to develop diabetes.
- be serious
- grow up
- get your head out of the clouds
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "get real"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: get real