Idiom: owe it to someone
Idiom: owe it to someone to do something
- you have an obligation or duty to do something for someone
- You owe it to yourself to take better care of your health.
- My son owes it to me to tell the truth about what he spent his college tuition on.
- I really owe it to you for taking over my shift at the last minute Friday night.
- After working everyday for the past 18 months you owe it to yourself to take a vacation.
- If feel like I owe it to my girlfriend to not break up with her during finals. I don't want to cause her more stress.
- Sorry but I can't go with you. I owe it to my mom to be home for Thanksgiving this year.
- I think our boss owes it to us to say whether the company is going to do major layoffs.
- It was so difficult but I owed it to my wife to move on and get a divorce when I felt there was nothing I could do to repair our marriage.
- You owe it to me to be honest doctor. Do you suspect I have cancer?
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "owe it to someone"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: owe it to someone