Idiom: smile from ear to ear
Idiom: smile (grin) from ear to ear
- He's smiling from ear to ear because he just bought a new car.
- When I admitted I was wrong my mother just grinned from ear to ear.
- After graduation, everyone was grinning from ear to ear.
- When my son made the football team, he grinned from ear to ear all evening.
- Why are you smiling from ear to ear? Did something good happen today?
- Sally is smiling from ear to ear because her boyfriend sent her a huge bouquet of red roses.
- All of the medal winners were smiling from ear to ear during the award ceremony.
- I'm so glad my daughter is grinning from ear to ear. She must have gotten a part in the school play.
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "smile from ear to ear"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: smile from ear to ear