Idiom: the same old, same old
Idiom: the same old, same old / same old
- something has stayed the same as before (and the result is often tiresome or boring)
- It’s the same old boring office as when you left a year ago.
- My life is the same old, same old: study, practice, eat and sleep.
- Our school dance is the same old, same old every year.
- You guys always fight. It's just the same old, same old.
- She got ridiculously drunk at the party. It's just the same old every weekend and I'm getting a bit worried she has a problem.
- We're going to the same old campsite for our summer holidays. It's beautiful though.
- My assistant is 45 minutes late again. It's the same old every week and I'm tired of it.
- It's the same old, same old with you. Will you every tell me the truth?
- A: "What's for breakfast?" B: "The same old, same old I'm afraid."
- the same old thing
- the same old story
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "the same old, same old"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: the same, old same old