Idiom: would not be caught dead
Idiom: would not (never) be caught dead
- to never do the thing mentioned because it would be too embarrassing or humiliating
- to dislike something very much
- My girlfriend bought me this tie and I don’t know what I’m going to do because it's so ugly I’d never be caught dead wearing it.
- I took a taxi to the party because I wouldn't be caught dead riding in my father's old car.
- I asked my son to walk my daughter to school but now that he's a teenager, he won't be caught dead with her.
- John's tattoo looks like a fifth grader designed it. I wouldn't be caught dead with something so cheesy.
- Do they really expect us to wear these ugly t-shirts? I'm going to quit—seriously I'd never be caught dead wearing this.
- My sister looks like a clown. I'd never be caught dead wearing that much makeup.
- I have to talk to my daughter this evening. She told her aunt she wouldn't be caught dead in public with her until she loses 200 lbs.
- My roommate is such a snob. She'd never be caught dead drinking beer—she only drinks champagne.
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "would not be caught dead"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: would not be caught dead