Idiom: yell bloody murder
Idiom: (scream) yell bloody murder
- to scream really loudly (especially because of pain or fright)
- to protest in a loud and angry way
- When the thief tried to grab my bag, I yelled bloody murder and he let go and ran away.
- Don’t yell bloody murder just because you break a fingernail—I thought something seriously bad had happened to you!
- The customer screamed bloody murder at me when I told her it was too late for us to accept her return.
- All of the parents were yelling bloody murder at the principal when they found out the teacher had showed a rated R movie in class.
- The director screams bloody murder every time we don't get the quarterly report finished in time.
- The team is going to scream bloody murder if you make them work overtime again but refuse to give a holiday bonus.
- I wish I could go out tonight but if I don't clean my room, my parents are going to yell bloody murder.
- I planned to do a natural childbirth but after 16 hours of labor I screamed bloody murder for pain relief.
- call out
- cry out
- (scream) at the top of one's lungs
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use the idiom "yell bloody murder"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> idiom: yell bloody murder