Idiom: None of the above
none of the above:
- all of the items or factors listed before something else
- all of the choices listed above
- Do you want coffee, tea, juice or none of the above?
- I debated whether to choose answer "a" or "b" for question 15 but the correct answer was actually "d": "none of the above."
- Have you ever traveled to Hungary, Romania or Croatian. No, none of the above—so I'm really looking forward to this trip.
- Excuse me, did you just say "none of the above?" You are going to eat vegetables tonight so either make a choice or I'll give you both of them!
- Do you like this blue tie, the striped tie, or this beautiful silk tie? None of the above; I don't like any of them.
- At my interview they asked whether I was competent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign and unfortunately I had to answer, none of the above.
- I met a guy at a bar and he asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner, to a movie, or back to his place! I said, none of the above!
- You can make the question a little more difficult by adding "none of the above" to the answer choices.
You might like these idioms
More idioms will be added in the future so check back frequently or sign-up for my free newsletter to learn about new updates to my website.
Your turn to use "none of the above"
Practice makes progress. It's your turn to use this idiom in your own sample sentence. I will provide feedback to make sure you use the idiom correctly.
> Main idioms list
> Idiom: none of the above